What is slab leak?
A slab leak is a leak in the plumbing underneath the concrete foundation the slab sits on. These leaks are cause by three reasons, the first is forceful water pressure, the second is the pipes rubbing against the concrete causing them to wear down over time, and the last being intruding tree roots.
How do I know if I have a slab leak?
Certain signs are indications of a slab leak:
- The sound of running water even when no water is being used
- Sudden and rapid mildew growth
- Unusually high water or gas bill(s) without any change in the amount of water being used Cracks or calcium buildup on the foundation
- Wet spots, discolored spots or hot spots on your floor or walls
- Check the water meter or pump wait a couple hours without using any water and check the meter again. If the reading has changed, this can be an indication of a leak
How is a slab leak detected?
There are three commonly used
Ultrasonic Detection – Specialized sound wave technology measures variation and sound loss in plumbing pipes to identify leaks
Sewer Camera Inspection – Using a video camera we are able to take pictures and videos of the interior conditions of pipes. With this method property owners get a better understanding of any plumbing issues they may be experiencing including any leaks that may be present
Infrared Detection – With the use infrared technology we see into walls, beneath floors, and underground to locate leaks
If you think you have a slab leak call the experts at Slab Leak Long Beach we specialize in leak detection our trained professionals use only the most advanced leak detection devices and methods to detect leaks not easily found. For a limited time we are offering an $85 Slab Leak Detection test, call us today at 562-818-6946 to schedule your appointment.